The Gadget cannot contain advertising in the Profile view. Advertising and bannering is allowed on the Canvas-view.
- No third party advertising is allowed on Profile view(only name and logo of the creator)
- Advertising and bannering is allowed on the Canvas-view (max 25% of functional space used)
- Hyvers are allowed to show advertising on things they want to sell. These things need to be owned by themselves;
- We do not allow gadgets to be used as a sales-channel for commercial use, neither should it be a shop.
- If you use advertising in the Canvas-view, these advertising must be recognizable as such. This might mean that you need to make this clear textually by placing the text -advertising- -advertisement- or -reclame- above or below every banner;
- On Hyves we strive for the banners not to have a negative impact on the user experience. Moreover stylish banners will add to the experience of your gadget. So it is much appreciated if your banner does not cause epileptic seizures by its frantic blinking. Gadgets without irritating banners will also have a better position in the gallery, and more active promotion.
- Advertising and bannering have the same content rules applied to them as the rest of the gadget (see point 4);
- If you provide premium content for cash, you can use the following payment services: Hyves Afrekenen, Visa/Mastercard, Amex, Paypal & iDeal. We ask that you include at least one dutch native payment method. If you think you need another service, please contact us.
- The developer is responsible for the content of the advertising / bannering;
- Any complaints based on the content of the advertising / bannering is the responsibility of the developer;
2. Spam & Messaging
The gadget may not encourage spam in any way.
- Incentives or prizes based on sending of messages/invitations is not allowed;
- Any message generated from a gadget may not contain any third party advertisement.
- Select-all, Invite-all, send-to-all, etc is not allowed;
- It is not allowed to random pre-select friends when you use Tell-A-Friend or Invite options;
- Hyvers will need to be able to see a preview of the message which is send in their name;
- No automatic message sending is allowed in any way;
- It is not allowed to send messages that are not your own friends unless this person has the same gadget installed;
- Anonymous sending of messages either via TAF's or in-gadget is not allowed. The sender of the message must always be known to the receiver.
- When a gadget has been added more than 5000 times we might contact you to agree on conditions (if any) under which the gadget can continue to spread within Hyves. We will review such gadgets case-by-case.
The gadget should increase the quality of the Hyves network.
- The gadget should add value to the to the profile-pages, rather than just exposure for the creator of the gadget;
- Gadgets may not be a fancy 'banner'. Hyvers have to be able to 'do' something with the gadget. A Hyver must be able to 'use' the gadget on the Hyves network;
- A gadget with the main focus of traffic generating to an external site is not allowed;
- If a gadget has 'settings', the Hyver needs to be able to change these within the gadget;
- We suggest that the developer includes a help- or faq-section (if needed) in the gadget;
- When implementing a share-button, we ask that you use a service which also includes Hyves as a sharable medium;
- Developers must be reachable by the Hyver if they have questions (a contact form or email may be sufficient);
- Gadgets need to be free to use at a basic level for everybody. It is allowed to provide premium payed content;
- Autoplay of audio is not allowed in de Profile-view or Home-view;
- Links in the gadget may only open a new browser-window/browser-tab, not in the same window;
- We do not allow popups (popin layers in your own gadget are allowed);
- Automatic focus to the gadget or automatic redirects in any of the gadget-views are not allowed;
- The gadget needs to be build to accommodate all possible gadget-installation scenarios.
4. Misleading/Copyright/Forbidden/18+ content
The content in the gadget-views may not be misleading in any way, shape or form. It may not contain copyrighted material or forbidden content.
- This includes all content in the gadget-views and also all content in banners/advertisements;
- This includes gadget code which is not opensource;
- This includes audio/video/text/etc. which has copyrighted material;
- Sexual/Tobacco/Gambling-orientated content is not allowed;
- Alcohol-related content must be only viewable by Hyvers aged 18 and over;
- The developer of the gadget is responsible for any copyright infractions in the gadget;
- The developer of the gadget is responsible for correct handling of all content rules;
- After the gadget has gone 'live' you are not allowed to change the general subject of the gadget.
- After the gadget has gone 'live' you are allowed to change the features in the gadget for the better. If you are planning to add 'new' features or planning to change the features, you have to notify us first;
5. Applicable regulations
All gadgets must comply with the following user agreements:
- Hyves User Agreement: http://www.hyves.net/useragreement
- Hyves Privacy Statement: http://www.hyves.nl/privacy
If you are not sure if your gadget complies with all the applicable regulations, please contact us at opensocial[at]hyves[dot]nl